Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Got it! The Heritage Cirqa Flagship programme

 Quite happy to have received confirmation that I have passed all the exercises to get the Heritage Cirqa Flagship programme. Very happy about that as it was quite difficult to do for some modules, some were perhaps easier, such as the keyword edit option... some were really difficult and also involved IT help for installing stuff. I feel a lot more confident now.


The reasons why I undertook this is that I felt I needed more training on the system, Heritage Cirqa is so rich in options, it's a bit like a lego, and you can really make it yours, i.e. a system totally adapted to your library.

The second reason is that I knew I would get a discount for further training, so always worth investing in learning.

And the third reason of course is that it is part of my CPD (in fact there was a CPD online course given by Heritage Cirqa which I found really inspiring). I belong to CILIP, the library association, and it is important to upgrade your knowledge all the time. I have to admit that given my recent work history (changes, unemployment and all that) I had not revalidated for quite a while! So thanks Heritage Cirqa for waking me up, as well as CILIP's mentoring emails, encouraging you to revalidate. How can you be a CILIP Mentor if you have not gone through the process yourself? You need to do this annually, it does not take much time, especially that CILIP's created a form for you to fill in. 

Fourth reason I believe is that I can show my line-manager a training that is structured and well-done. My line-manager is not a librarian so I hope it will make them understand that a library catalogue, nor a library, runs by itself... Not sure if it helped with my pay rise, but suddenly I got a pay rise so perhaps this particular training helped!

I would recommend you do this training (as I would recommend any person wanting to become a librarian to do the MA in librarianship) because:

- even if you know the system well, you may be doing things the 'hard way' and there might be easier and faster ways (exactly like being a librarian before an MA and after, trust me, I know what I'm talking about!)

-It takes away the fear, and there is always TESTDATA to try things on and it really boost your confidence you want to try things more

-It can be integrated in your CPD in fact it MUST be integrated into your CPD and you must be doing this every year. It is something you can speak about in details when you have your annual review with your line-manager.

-If you are considering doing CILIP's chartership, revalidation or certification, it will really, really help! And it is definitely, at all level, a training you must include there.

Bye for now, I must work on my reading lists now... which can be included in the LMS by the way!



Added 'copied version' so that you won't pretend you have it if you don't...you cheeky librarians out there!




No comments:

Post a Comment