Thursday, June 30, 2022

Finished le stocktake!

 Vive la France! (?!?) or rather Vive la Reine! (just in case my new citizenship if not enough... don't throw me out!) or.. vive moi.

 Queen Elizabeth II

 

Really happy with that, I finished the stocktake last Monday, perfect timing as we had a meeting yesterday and I was able to provide some accurate information about numbers of missing books etc. 

Pleasant also to know that when the catalogue states it is available, or missing, it is exactly reflecting the reality of the shelves. 

I was quite appalled to see so many books not catalogued at all! Well at least we go some extra-books then, as they did not "exist" before. What took the longest time was not the scanning of barcodes but all the corrections done to the cataloguing records. I'm not saying it's perfect now, but it is getting close to a proper catalogue now.

I can't believe it took that long! I had at first planned two weeks and a half in the middle of summer to do this, but really glad I have done it earlier. It took, more or less, the whole month of June to do this first stocktake.

I'm really glad I did set up a Missing Event for each stocktake I did. Easy then to gather a whole list of missing books from the Reports menu (Accessions with a 'Missing' Event). Then you save this reports as a favourite so you're ready for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment